Mail Code 1-43 | 1200 E California Blvd | Pasadena, CA 91125‑4300
Site content Copyright © 2019 California Institute of Technology
Answered By: Caltech Research Librarians Last Updated: Sep 17, 2021 Views: 2
Follow these steps to save searches in your LibSearch account:
- Login to LibSearch (see our FAQ on logging into LibSearch for details).
- When you’ve refined your search and you would like to save it, click on the Share drop-down menu in the top right corner of your search.
- From the Share drop-down menu, you have several choices. We’ll focus on the Add to folder option.
- To add the first page of your search results to your Articles Folder, click on Results (1-50).
Please note: The number range in the parenthesis are related to your page option settings, so this might look different for you.
- To see what you’ve saved, go to Folder and then Articles.
- To add the first page of your search results to your Articles Folder, click on Add search to folder: climate change
Please note: The name of the folder will be based on your search terms, so this might look different for you.
- To see what you’ve saved, go to Folder and then Persistent Links to Searches.
- Another option for saving a search is to look at your history by selecting Search History from the top of your results. Once that is selected, you will see a drop-down list of all of the searches you’ve performed during your current session.
- From here, select the search (or searches) you want to save, using the check boxes to the left of the page.
- Then choose from the following:
- Print Search History: Selecting this prompts you to print a list of the searches you’ve performed. It does not provide a detailed list of records from each search.
- Retrieve Searches: Selecting this takes you to Folder > Saved Searches, so that you can find previously saved searches.
- Retrieve Alerts: Selecting this takes you to Folder > Search Alerts, so that you can find previously saved alerts.
- Save Searches / Alerts: Selecting this prompts you to name and describe your saved search.
Once you set a name and description of your search and click Save, you may see a long list of databases. Scroll down to the bottom, select Continue, and you will see the Saved Searches in your Folder.
- Or to view your saved searches, go to Folder > Saved Searches.