Answered By: Caltech Research Librarians Last Updated: Sep 12, 2017 Views: 13
Each Zotero user is given 300 MB of free cloud Zotero File Storage. Larger storage plans are available for purchase. Visit https://www.zotero.org/support/storage for more information.
If you would like to use Caltech Box instead of Zotero for storage, follow these steps to set it up:
- Log into Caltech Box using a web browser and your access.caltech credentials: https://caltech.account.box.com/login
- Once logged in, click your name at the top right of the screen, then click on "Account Settings".
- Under "Account Settings", find "Create External Password" at the bottom of the page.
- Click "Edit password", enter a new password and verify it, then click "Save".
- Log out of Caltech Box (if desired - you do not need to be logged into Caltech Box to use Zotero Sync with it).
- Start Zotero Desktop.
- Navigate to the "Preferences" menu and then the "Sync" tab.
- Under "File Syncing", check the box next to "Sync attachments in My Library using" and select "WebDAV" from the drop-down menu next to that.
- Next to "URL:", select "https://" and enter the following into the field: "dav.box.com/dav".
- For "Username:" enter the email address that is associated with your Caltech Box account.
- For "Password:" enter the External Password that you created in Step 4 above.
- Click Enter (NOT "Verify Server").
- If Zotero can successfully communicate with your Caltech Box account, you should see a message saying "Server configuration verified" and "File sync is successfully set up."
- At this point, if you tell Zotero to sync your library, it should start uploading and syncing with your Caltech Box account.
- To verify that syncing is taking place, log into your Caltech Box account and look for the Zotero folder. There should be a list of files in there. Do not touch with them.